Sunday, April 14, 2013

Seeking Peace

 Sometimes when my world seems hectic, and I've had about all I can take, I seek "woodland peace."




                                                                   I'm tired,
                                                             I want to find
                                                       A pine needle covered
                                                                   tote road
                                                             to follow to its end.
                                                       I no longer need
                                                                 the concrete
                                                             sidewalk or glaring
                                                        streetlights of town.                       
                                                                 The full moon
                                                             can give me
                                                        the peace I so desperately
                                                                   seek.
                                                               Let me lie down
                                                         next to  a tumbling brook,
                                                               allowing it to lull
                                                                    me to sleep.
                                                           If I awake, all is fine.
                                                               If not, at least
                                                                     I'll be
                                                           Where I found my peace.           

                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment