Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Morning Walk

Whenever I get  a chance, I love to take an early morning walk, especially after a light rain.  This poem tells about that:




                                                       Leaves, shaking off rain
                                                         like a dog ridding itself
                                                      of bath water,
                                                         give me a nice, cool shower
                                                       as I begin my morning walk.
                                                          Periwinkle, known locally as
                                                       blue myrtle, peeks its
                                                          blue eyes through leaves
                                                       of forest green
                                                         and watches me
                                                       as I continue
                                                           on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment