Sunday, April 28, 2013

Book Bathing

  I wrote this poem many years ago when I realized how much reading meant to me.   It is a "refreshing" activity.  I hope you'll like this rhymed poem:


                                                       A tear is the beer that a lonely man drinks.
                                                       A book is the brook where I go to think.
                                                       I sit a my table of escape and I bathe
                                                       in the rippling waters that flow from each page.

                                                       Whenever I feel sorrow or pain,
                                                       I put on my trunks , and go swimming again.
                                                       I swim the cool  waters that take me away
                                                      From the dull, lonely living that comes with each day.

                                                             If I get tired as the pages go by,
                                                             I  climb out of the water, and wipe myself dry.




No comments:

Post a Comment