Tuesday, April 30, 2013

MIsty Day

Well, I'm back to my unrhymed poetry.  I've got a whole packet of rhymed poetry.  When I find it, I'll probably add a few more.  Until then---------



                                                      I waited for the storm to end.
                                                      The cabin  remained dry, but
                                                      cold and damp feeling.
                                                      The wind rattled the old windows,
                                                      that desperately needed putty
                                                      to make them tighter.
                                                      Shivering, I peered through
                                                      the cob-webbed smeared panes
                                                      and observed a light mist
                                                      that left enough water to allow
                                                      for dripping from the leaves.
                                                      Sitting in an ancient rocker,
                                                      I decided to wait for a few
                                                     streaks of sunlight before I
                                                     would start for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment