Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Sound

This is a poem I wrote for myself on a   melancholy day. I share now on my blog:


                                               I heard the noise
                                                    several times before
                                                           I knew that it
                                               was only the sound
                                                    of my own weeping.
                                                           Strange as it
                                                may have seemed then,
                                                     I knew it wasn't
                                                            because the clouds
                                                 covered the stars,
                                                      or that the wind
                                                             blew the tree branches
                                                  in the direction that
                                                       I knew I should
                                                             be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment