Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Shelter

When I was a child there was this old cabin in the woods near where I lived.  It may have once been a hunting cabin, but was unused now except for a shelter from a storm that caught me before I made it home,


                         I waited for the storm to end.
                         The cabin remained dry, but
                         but cold and damp feeling.
                         The wind rattled the windows
                         that desperately needed putty
                         to make them tighter.
                         Shivering, I peered through
                         the cobwebbed smeared panes,
                         and observed a light mist
                         that left enough water to allow
                         for dripping from the leaves.
                        Sitting in an ancient rocker,
                        I decided to wait for a few
                        streaks of sunlight, before I
                        would start for home.
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment