Monday, May 13, 2013

Cat and Bird

I have had cats in my life ever since I can remember.  Although independent and sometimes frustrating, I know I couldn't live without them.  This poem incorporates some of my observations:



                                             Circling much as Noah's dove,
                                              the bluejay circles,
                                              dipping wings, but leaving
                                              no feather
                                              as it flies across the
                                              uppermost part of my mind.
                                              Gazing into the mirror
                                              of its own thoughts,
                                              the cat is vaguely aware
                                              of the approaching bird.
                                              Paws that are able, but
                                              unwilling to reach,
                                              stay with claws unsheathed.
                                              Observing both,
                                             my mind is open---
                                             ready for thoughts
                                             that may come and
                                             complete the picture
                                            that is now being
                                            created.

No comments:

Post a Comment