Saturday, June 29, 2013

Forsythia and Dandelion

I have always loved seeing the springtime forsythias as I know spring has really arrived, but I had to write this poem after realizing I may not be the bright forsythia, but I can let my light shine much as the lowly dandelion blossom does.

                    I saw the yellow
                            of the forsythia
                    lighting up the green
                             of my lawn.
                     My eyes were drawn
                              suddenly to a little
                     dandelion blossom trying
                               desperately to compete
                      with the yellow splendor above.
                                Knowing it's really a
                      flower composed of many
                                flowers, I gave it
                      words of encouragement.
                                After all, it had
                      been strong enough to
                               draw my eyes away
                      from the golden
                                splendor above.

No comments:

Post a Comment